Bertie Higgins Official Fan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite Bertie Higgins Song and Why

+9
Celeste
seibs5637
Vicki
Eikoppen
calypso47
pillowlady64730@yahoo.com
ladylove
Briant
Floridian47
13 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Favorite Bertie Higgins Song and Why - Page 2 Empty Re: Favorite Bertie Higgins Song and Why

Post  ladylove Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:52 am

I was going to say, that I didn't care where Bertie played. But I now realize that could be trouble. So as long as it's legal to see him perform. Let him play anywhere that's big enough for all of us to go and see him.

Welcome to the forum ladies. flower

Last edited by ladylove on Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:58 am; edited 1 time in total
ladylove
ladylove

Back to top Go down

Favorite Bertie Higgins Song and Why - Page 2 Empty Casablanca

Post  Dana Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:57 am

Hi all,
If anyone's interested, check out Bertie's new video on his YouTube page. It's a performance of his classic "Casablanca" in preparation for his China Tour. Awesome, Bertie. Thanks for the music!
Dana
Dana
Dana

Back to top Go down

Favorite Bertie Higgins Song and Why - Page 2 Empty Re: Favorite Bertie Higgins Song and Why

Post  ladylove Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:00 am

Thanks for the heads up Dana. I'll have to go and take a look at it. I know he's going to be in China most of the month on November. Then he and Julian start another movie in January.
ladylove
ladylove

Back to top Go down

Favorite Bertie Higgins Song and Why - Page 2 Empty Re: Casablanca video

Post  Dana Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:08 am

It was just posted today. I had a little trouble with it playing...it kept stopping...but it could just be my computer. Hope you enjoy it and I hope he posts more!

Dana

P.S. Am having fun connecting with other Bertie fans!
Dana
Dana

Back to top Go down

Post  ladylove Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:14 am

Take a look at the thread I started about Bertie being on a interview radio show out of LA just a few weeks ago. I put links there so you can listen to the show.
ladylove
ladylove

Back to top Go down

Favorite Bertie Higgins Song and Why - Page 2 Empty Re: Favorite Song & Why

Post  Dana Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:22 am

Hi Ladylove,
Thanks for the info about the radio show...was that the LA Talk Radio show with London Garcia? I had also heard about that from a "Bonehead" email and listened to it about a week ago. But I just might listen to it again.
Dana
Dana
Dana

Back to top Go down

Post  ladylove Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:31 am

Yep that's the one. Don't know how many may have known about it so I thought I'd post it just to make sure. Glad you received the email and was able to give it a listen. My real name is Patricia usually I go by patt.
ladylove
ladylove

Back to top Go down

Favorite Bertie Higgins Song and Why - Page 2 Empty Concerts

Post  pillowlady64730@yahoo.com Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:44 am

Sent Bertie an email & told him there was some grumbling going on of some fans who (like me) want to see him in concert. He did answer & said thanks for the heads up. Keep your fingers crossed.

Back to top Go down

Post  ladylove Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:44 am

Thanks Donna, as you say, we'll see what happens.

patt

Last edited by ladylove on Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
ladylove
ladylove

Back to top Go down

Post  Dana Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:07 pm

Thanks, Patt & Donna!! Very Happy
Dana
Dana

Back to top Go down

Favorite Bertie Higgins Song and Why - Page 2 Empty concerts

Post  pillowlady64730@yahoo.com Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:00 am

I am in contact with Paul Buzine who is Bertie's guitar player in the Pirate Band. We write back & forth on myspace. He told me today that all of them are gathering in Florida next weekend to practice up for the coming China tour. He said he has a contact in Branson, Mo. that would love to get them there for a week or even a weekend. So Paul told me that he would talk to Bertie when he gets there & see if they can't set something up either before or after the China tour. I am so excited as we are l l/2 hours from Branson. It is right in the middle of the country so I hope lots of Berties fans can make it if it happens. Keep your fingers crossed & a little prayer wouldn'd hurt. Hugs to all from me, the pillowlady

Back to top Go down

Post  ladylove Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:45 pm

Thanks much Donna.

I had heard too that they were going back to FL to practice for the trip to China. Do hope the rest of what you said will come true. I've never been to Branson. But I'd go to see Bertie place. Do keep us posted.

patt
ladylove
ladylove

Back to top Go down

Post  Dana Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:47 pm

Thanks for the info about the possible upcoming concerts...it would be great to see him perform live!

Can anyone tell me if Bertie responds to his fan emails? I know he's incredibly busy with all he has going on in the next several months...just wondering if he gets inundated with messages? I'd like to send him a note wishing him well and letting him know how much I enjoy his music and I don't necessarily expect a response, but am curious if he actually reads his own emails or what his practice is in that regard.
Dana
Dana

Back to top Go down

Post  ladylove Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:52 pm

Hi Dana

You can send him a message. But whether you will get a reply depends on him. I know I've sent him emails in the past and I haven't always received an answer back. So to answer your question. Yes, he reads his mail. I'm guessing, at this moment in time, with the China trip coming up. He may not answer you. But best wishes I'm sure he'd like to receive. I'll send him mine when it gets a bit closer.

patt
ladylove
ladylove

Back to top Go down

Post  pillowlady64730@yahoo.com Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:51 pm

I write to Bertie frequently (He joked once that he hears from me every 3 days, not quite true). Occasionally I hear from him. He says that he is covered up with emails so I really feel special when I do hear back from him. He almost always writes back if I ask him a specific question, almost. I think that he is a wonderful man just filled up with love. I am sorry for the problems he has had in his life, but he says it gives him something to write about. The love he feels is in his songs, whether he writes them or covers another's. I just love The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face on the new Captive album. I still love The Heart is the Hunter which he wrote before1982 but I also love Miami Moon. It's on the Brazillia Album. I have them all and it's my favorite album as a whole. I have never been aware of someone who had the writing ability he has and that, along with how well he sings, just makes him a very special person. In person he is something I can't describe. He has heavy, heavy stage presence. If you don't know what that means (sorry I have a music background) it means he dominates the stage completely. I was really knocked out when I saw him the one time I did. Can't describe it. Then after he talked at length with my 2 dtrs. & me & that was so special. They love him too, so it isn't just me. He is one of a kind that's for sure. Well, I've run on long enough. Good luck to us all that we might get to see him again soon. lol

Back to top Go down

Favorite Bertie Higgins Song and Why - Page 2 Empty Re: Favorite Bertie Higgins Song & Why

Post  Dana Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:08 am

Hi Patt & Donna,
Thank you both for your replies. I completely understand when you talk about what it is about him that makes Bertie special and his heavy stage presence, etc. Even though I have never met him, somehow I would expect nothing less of him. I think that his music and the imagery in his lyrics and his storytelling all are a part of who he is and it is so obvious to me that he loves and has loved deeply in his life. No other artist's music has touched my heart like Bertie's....I am totally captivated.
Dana
Dana
Dana

Back to top Go down

Post  pillowlady64730@yahoo.com Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:14 am

Hope we can all meet at a concert soon!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Favorite Bertie Higgins Song and Why - Page 2 Empty Re: Favorite Bertie Higgins Song & Why

Post  Dana Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:16 pm

I'm sure we'll get the chance eventually...hopefully sooner than later! Can't wait! In the meantime I'll just keep listening to all of his lovely music Smile and having fun chatting with you Exclamation
Dana
Dana

Back to top Go down

Post  IslandGuy Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:35 am

Hi All ....new-guy here but I was reged some time ago on the group .. but it must have been deleted. My fave song is Just Another Day in Paradise. It might sound corny .. but THAT is the way a relationship should be. Anything short of that ... is missing something big-time.

I am not a big-fan of male-singers ... but Bertie has my attention. GOOD stuff.. Eric

IslandGuy

http://drtq@yahoo.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dana Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:28 am

It's not corny, great to hear that perspective from a guy!
Dana
Dana

Back to top Go down

Post  IslandGuy Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:50 am

Dana wrote:It's not corny, great to hear that perspective from a guy!

Dana ...seriously ....something has to be really "wrong" with someone who does not appreciate those words and the true-meaning of those songs.

Just after I split-up with my last GF ... she came into my puter-room and sat down(after I asked her to) and she actually listened to Just Another Day in Paradise. She just didn't "get it" ! ..... and I played it again ... and she did that time. No emotion from her .... so used to that hard-rock(which she knows hardly ANY of the words) .....and she just looked at me with her dead-eyes and said .. "I guess I will never know-that".

I feel sorry for her.

IslandGuy

http://drtq@yahoo.com

Back to top Go down

Favorite Bertie Higgins Song and Why - Page 2 Empty Bertie's music

Post  pillowlady64730@yahoo.com Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:00 pm

Island guy I feel sorry for her too. Anyone who thinks Hard Rock is music, doesn't know what music is. Soft Rock, maybe but not hard. Bertie's is the best there is. I have enjoyed it since his first album in the early 80's. Didn't get to see him in person until last year but can hardly wait to see him again.

Back to top Go down

Favorite Bertie Higgins Song and Why - Page 2 Empty Bertie's Music

Post  Dana Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:34 pm

I have to say I don't understand how anyone can not appreciate Bertie's music. I personally like to understand the words and meaning in the music I listen to. Have to agree with the Pillowlady that there may be other artists as good as he is, but none better!

"Just Another Day in Paradise" is definitely one of his best Exclamation
Dana
Dana

Back to top Go down

Favorite Bertie Higgins Song and Why - Page 2 Empty Happy New Year!

Post  Celeste Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:35 am

Just wanted to drop in and say hello. I haven't been on since shortly after I found you guys back in September. Just wanted to say hi and see if there were any new developments.

Take Care,
Celeste
Celeste
Celeste

Back to top Go down

Favorite Bertie Higgins Song and Why - Page 2 Empty Fav. Bertie Higgins Song and Why

Post  ItalianMike Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:21 am

This is a rough one. I bought the "Just Anther Day In Paradise" cassette when it first came out many moons ago. The song "Keylargo" was a part of my rouse to meet my first love. I lied to her and told her I was forming a band called "Heaven's Paradise" and we were going to perform "Keylargo" and she "had the look" to be my back up singer. She bought it and we dated for a year! (I was 15 years old then)

But, its not my favorite Higgins song. To this day, I think that "Just Another Day In Paradise" is the BEST ALBUM EVER MADE. The WHOLE ALBUM is EXCELLENT. "The Tropics" would be my pick for a favorite Bertie Higgins song. The story is GREAT the guitar parts are FANTASTIC, I get high just hearing it. I also like "Down At The Blue Moon". When a guy needs some time alone, go over to that tavern and have some ale with yir' maties. A great feel good tune.

I just bought another CD of your hits Mr. Higgins, and it had a new tune on their called "Tokyo Joe" that I never heard before. I thought it was FANTASTIC. Your melodies are STRONG, CATCHY, and MEMORABLE. You really reach into a person and pull the emotions out.

THANK YOU FOR SHARING YOUR AMAZING TALENTS.
Mike Del Piano
A Fan.

ItalianMike

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next